Health Care Assistant needed!
The Health Care Assistant will be working within a growing and dynamic Team to provide the highest possible standards of care to adults with physical disabilities, mental health issues and learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and users with some complex forensic history. You will provide support and empowerment to our Service Users to improve their ability to make positive choices whilst also enabling them achieve a degree of independence. You will be offering continuity of care whilst ensuring that the service users’ social, cultural, spiritual and physical needs are met to the highest possible standards.
Principal Duties/ Specific Responsibilities
- Act as an associate key worker to specified individuals and assist in the development of Person Centered Plan to reflect the lifestyles and choices of the service user.
- To participate in assessing needs and planning, facilitating and evaluating the residents’ care program and reviews. This involves the responsibilities for carrying out the administrative tasks associated with the care planning recording systems.
- To assist in the assessment of risk and the development of guidelines which aim to manage and reduce risk.
- Support the service users to develop and maintain friendships and relationships with others (including relatives), ensuring you act in a professional and confidential manner at all times.
- Assist in monitoring of health and behaviour of service users reporting any changes to the shift co-ordinator or the service manager.
- Help and support service users to understand and meet their emotional, racial, cultural and religious needs and preferences whilst maintaining the privacy, dignity and respect at all times.
- Undertake escort duties as required.
- Support the service users to plan and choose activities such as trips, leisure pursuits, educational / vocational trips and accompany them if desired.
- Involve and support the service users in the undertaking of household tasks as appropriate to the individual.
- To be aware of and respond to specific needs arising from the residents gender, age, sexuality and disability.
- To assist residents with preparing meals and with self-care as required.
- To supervise and administer medication in accordance with service policy.
- To work as a member of the team to create a homely and stimulating environment that is safe and clean. This includes reporting any hazard or maintenance work that needs carrying out.
- To administer and record transactions relating to petty cash accordance with the company’s procedure, alerting the Service Manager of any discrepancies or suspicions of financial misdemeanours.
- To effectively communicate with other staff both verbally and in writing. This to include handovers, completion of logs, diary and record writing.
- To actively participate and provide a full range of rehabilitation support and care that is tailored to each service user.
Payment starts with 8,5 pounds per hour, increasing according with qualifications, experience, etc.
Yearly vacation paid.
|Job Category||Health Care Assistant, Healthcare|