Domiciliary carers needed for an over 12 years old company in areas: Bristol, Bracknell, Swindon, and Cheltenham/Gloucester.
Our clients have 3 main requirements:
- A reasonable standard of spoken English. Your English does not have to be perfect (our clients know that it will improve rapidly once you are working in the UK) but you do have to be able to communicate effectively with the people you are caring for and your English colleagues.
- Some previous care experience. This could be experience of working in a care / medical setting such as a care home, clinic or hospital but it could also be experience of looking after an elderly family member or a sick friend. You don’t need experience at all if you have attended a training course in care at a college or medical school.
- A genuine desire to care for others. This may seem a very obvious requirement but it is not always present! Our clients need care staff who are kind, gentle and always respectful of the elderly or unwell people they are looking after.
Your role as a Carer Worker:
- Washing and Dressing
- Helping clients with eating and Drinking
- Assisting clients with managing their medication
- Changing urinary bags
- Changing sanitary pads or special absorbing sheets
- Assisting patient with toileting
- Housework such as laundry, cleaning and shopping
- Following client care plans and writing notes.
You will be expected to visit a group of clients on your shift. We generally work on a split shift which is from 06:30-14:00/16:00 or 16:00-22:30. We expect our full time care workers to work a minimum of 45 hours per week, with the possibility for more if they so desire, including weekends. Sometimes we provide overnight shifts from 22:00-07:00
Pay rates: Rates of pay for Domiciliary Homecare
|DayTime: 0600-2200||Nights: 2200-0600||BH & Xmas||Sleep|
For more information please contact DG Recruitment using one of the buttons on the right side.
|Job Category||Domiciliary care|